Welcome to a better property service
At Red Key you'll find only quality properties, from studio apartments through to five-bedroom houses, that are properly maintained and managed - and at fair market prices. What's more, our fees are not only reasonable, but totally transparent too. We work our hardest to make your move with us smooth and trouble-free.
What our Tenants can expect from us:
- When you register with us we will match your requirements to suitable properties and accompany you on viewings.
- Once you have found a property you wish to take we will explain the administration fees which will be applicable to you the tenant throughout the tenancy, once these have been clarified we will ask for a holding deposit to secure the property.
- We require photographic ID and proof of address from all applicants who take a tenancy through us.
- Referencing will be undertaken, and your employer and previous landlord (where applicable) will be contacted and a Credit Search undertaken.
- Once satisfactory references have been obtained we will arrange a move in date for all tenants to sign the tenancy agreement.
- The move-in monies consist of a month's rent, a security deposit - which is normally the equivalent to a month and half rent - and administration fees for the tenancy agreement, less the holding deposit already paid.
- On or before move-in day the balance of monies will be paid in cleared funds.
- An Inventory will normally be provided for you to agree to the condition of the property. This will be important when you come to leave and negotiations are underway for the return of the deposit.
- The Deposit will be held by us as a Stakeholder in the majority of cases and will be protected under the rules of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme in which we are members.
- We will require a Standing Order to be completed for monthly rent payments.
- We will write to gas, electricity, water and council (for council tax purposes) to tell them of the change of occupier; however it is your responsibility to set up accounts for gas and electricity and to inform us of your chosen supplier.
- We recommend that you take out Contents Insurance for your belongings for the term of the tenancy.
Contact us to find out how we can...